Phenotyping crops in experimental fields is a great example of where drone technology can offer excellent value for the agricultural sector. Drones allow us to measure plant traits of interest in a scalable and objective way. But what is phenotyping exactly? What are the possibilities and limitations? And how can I get started?
This workshop aims to inspire organizations from both the agricultural sector (seeds, agro-chemicals, biologicals, consultants, ... ) and drone sector with the aim to increase the knowledge and use of operational drone services for agricultural applications.
Irene Borra-Serrano (ILVO) and Dries Raymaekers (VITO) will show you the possibilities of drone-base phenotyping technology to dynamically analyze crop performance in the field throughout the growing season.
Join this webinar to learn more about the use case, technology and how to get started.
- 13:00 Welcome and introduction - EMPHASIS-Belgium
- 13:15 The possibilities and latest developments - ILVO
- 14:00 Break
- 14:15 How to get started - VITO
- 15:00 Q&A
- 15:30 End of the webinar
This webinar is an initiative from:
- EMPHASIS-Belgium – an organization with the aim to provide access to plant phenotyping infrastructure and promote the plant phenotyping community in Belgium
- Opsdrone – a VLAIO coock project (HBC.2021.0553) with the aim to stimulate drone operations in the agricultural sector