- You have a Master's degree in Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or equivalent. Candidates from the final year of studies are also encouraged to apply.
- If you hold a foreign degree then we will ask you to obtain equivalency recognition. You can apply for this at NARIC Flanders (NARIC-Vlaanderen).
- You meet the generic conditions for carrying out a doctorate Doctoral grants: requirements and regulations - ILVO Vlaanderen
- You have notions of physicochemical characterization of feed materials and nutritional aspects of animal feed.
- You speak and write fluently in English.
- You have an analytical mind
- You like to work in depth, but are still result oriented
- You can communicate scientific results fluently and understandably to different target groups and within a large (international) team
- You can work independently, but are also a team player
- You like multidisciplinary research
- You have experience with working with microalgae and/or bioreactors
- You have experience working with animals
- You have an affinity with poultry farming or are strongly interested in this sector
- You have a certificate in laboratory animal science
- You have a driver’s license B (cars)
We offer you a 3-year PhD scholarship funded by ILVO’s Own Capital fund. The intention is to apply for additional funding for a 4th year.
- The doctoral fellowship is initially granted for 1 year and can be extended to 3 (or 4) years after a favorable evaluation. The fellowship is free of personal income tax, but does contribute to your social security (e.g. pension).
- The net fellowship amount at ILVO is €2,323.91 net (€2,673.31 gross) for the first 2 years. For the last 2 years it is €2,431.29 net (€2,796.83 gross). These amounts may differ from the equivalent amounts at Universities.
- A varied, challenging and socially relevant job. You get a job with responsibility in a dynamic environment with attractive working conditions and development opportunities.