- You have (extensive) experience with CFD software (OpenFoam and/or ANSYS FLUENT) and with setting up appropriate validation experiments.
- You are interested in agriculture and environmental engineering
- You have experience with data acquisition and processing, mathematical modeling and scientific reporting.
- You are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- You are willing to learn Dutch to the extent possible/appropriate
- You have a driver’s license type B
- You have strong analytical skills and good presentation skills
- You can work independently but are also a team player
- You are enthusiastic, dynamic and socially capable
We offer you a full-time, open-ended contract with a competitive salary based on your degree
Within the Technology and Food Science Unit you will work as CFD specialist as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers and technicians. Their main area of expertise concerns emissions from animal production, emission reduction techniques, modeling of emission related processes, sensor technology and data analysis. You are part of the ILVO Environmental Engineering research group, where you focus on experimental and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) research concerning ventilation and emission processes in buildings for animal and agricultural production. You contribute to (international) research projects and policy support activities.